The Parent/Teacher's Organization sat down to sandwiches, soda, and plenty of scrumptious cookies.
As they sat they talked about the following for 2009:
1. Parents - did you know that you can reach every single teacher by clicking onto the school website to see their email and blogs? Click on mckeecths.org.
2. Students need to take four years of math.
3. Parents need to stand up and make their voices heard.
4. Room 121 is the place for parents to come and talk, and get the latest skills on technology and school news.
5. Parent involvement needs to happen from freshmen year right through the entire 4, that's right, 4 years of high school.
6. Parents should drop off their emails so that the PTA and school can get in contact with them on a regular basis. The lead contact is Mary McVey, the Parent Coordinator. Her email is:
7. There is a need for a school PTA bulletin. Anyone wishing to give information or has any concerns or issues addressed should write in. There could even be a section called, "Ask the Principal!" Stay tuned - you might see the PTA with their own blog: Parent Power.