Friday, May 1, 2009

Results from the "Baby Think It Over" Program

Congratulations to the first group of students who completed their exercise in the “Baby Think It Over” program. Ten students were assigned a simulated baby and were engaged in parenting for a 3-day period. Here are some of their comments about their experience:

Ronald Wilson writes: “I am tired and I feel exhausted. The baby woke me up at 2:00 a.m. and then it started to cry hysterically at 4:00 a.m. I am stressed right now. I even tried to give the baby back.”

Tiresha Dykes writes: “This has been an unexpected experience. It was difficult attending to a baby and myself. While I was sick in the hospital, my baby was crying a lot. The best part is that I get a chance to give her back. I did learn from this experience.”

Joe Augustine writes: “I was up from 6:00 a.m. to 4:00 a.m. Wednesday morning trying to get it to stop. I HATED IT!!”

Jennifer Melendez writes: “My experience with the baby was very tiring. You need to have all your attention on the baby. I think all young adults should not have babies at a young age. This was a lesson learned.”

Kayla Coston writes: “I liked this experience because it showed me that having a baby and being in school is not easy. But I know how to cater to the baby when he/she needs to be taken care of. To me it wasn’t hard because I’ve taken care of real babies but as of right now, no babies for me until I’m older and out of school.”

Keith Reeves writes: “I think having that baby was a wonderful experience because being in that position let me know how hard it is to take care of a child.”

Naja Wiggins writes: “No teenager is ready for a baby. I wanted to cry.”

Nicole Rivers writes: “I thought the baby was frustrating and I wouldn’t want to have one now. I’ll just wait until I’m in my 30’s. It was fun when the baby wasn’t crying.”

Alsayed Elslawy writes: “I forgot the diapers at home. Then the baby was crying and crying. Everyone on the bus was staring. Then I said, ‘Sorry, I forgot the diapers at home.’”

No comments:

Apture Multimedia