Sunday, January 31, 2010

On COSAs and Chaperones and Senior Trips


I have got to take a moment to express my gratitude to the COSA and chaperones who bound up the steps of the tour bus to watch over the seniors on the annual senior trip. Basically, a principal gets to see teachers who are young at heart, with an amazing amount of energy volunteer to stay awake for the length of the trip - 72 hours. They watch over a bus load of seniors excited to bound through the snow at the Hudson Valley Resort.

While I sit safely in the warmth of my apartment over the weekend, I get a daily phone call as a check in that the students have arrived safely, eating (which is what teenagers do, remarkably well) and are enjoying falling down in the snow. It says snowboarding and skiing but what it comes down to is students finding new and improved ways to making snow angels. The senior trip gives city kids a chance to giggle with glee and it's positively cool.

No comments:

Apture Multimedia