Thursday, April 14 is Poem-In-Your-Pocket Day!
To celebrate, click on Staten Island OutLOUD to see their information on
thousands of FREE Poems-For-Your-Pocket, in community settings throughout the North Shore, mid-Island and South Shore.
Pick up your free poem, a gift from Staten Island OutLOUD, at all Staten Island branches of the New York Public Library, and at these sites:
1. Everything Goes Book Cafe (208 Bay St, SINY 10301)
2. Greenbelt Nature Center (700 Rockland Ave, SINY 10314)
3. Blue Heron Nature Center (222 Poillon Avenue, SINY 10312)
4. Conference House Visitors Center (7455 Hylan Blvd, SINY 10307)
OutLOUD's free poems include a medley of global classics, plus contemporary work by Island poets such as Victoria Hallerman, Marguerite Maria Rivas and Dan Icolari.
Staten Island OutLOUD's upcoming April events include:
1. A free creative writing workshop for ages 10-16 on Sat., April 16, 2pm, St George Library Center, 5 Central Avenue
2. A free Open Mic for young Islanders (18 & younger) Sat., Apr 23, 3pm, Tompkins Park, 208 Bay Street
3. Strolling Poetry & Stapleton History at Tappen Park, 2pm Sat., April 30 (630 Bay Street)