Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Skills USA Awards Ceremony - May 22, 2013

The SkillsUSA Awards Ceremony was lovely. I enjoy the fact that the students run the entire ceremony and arrange al of the major details using parliamentary procedure. Check out the pictures.




While waiting for the SkillsUSA Awards Ceremony to start at McKee High School, I received two really neat pieces of news.
The first was an email from the program manager from PENCIL Fellows. Check it out:


Dear Ms. Henry,

I just wanted to send you a quick note about one
of your students, Elon James – he is participating in our Pencil fellows program, a job and career readiness program that includes a paid, six week internship. Last night, we selected Elon to represent the Fellows program at our annual Gala, which is our organization’s largest source of fundraising - and he did such a fantastic job that I wanted I share that with you. He held his own registering guests and interacting with hundreds of business executives and a variety of high level guests. I was both so proud and impressed that I wanted to share this with you - Elon was professional, mature, and just did an overall excellent job.

All the best,

Marina


Marina Zhavoronkova
Program Manager
PENCIL
30 West 26th Street, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10010
646 638 6425

The second piece is a picture I received from one of our graduates from the Class of 2012 - Ivan Carillo
One cannot help but smile.

No comments:

Apture Multimedia