Saturday, March 15, 2014

Engaging Teaching Strategies

Click here for active engagement teaching strategies that will enliven the learning experience. This article was in the March 2014 edition of Principal Leadership.


BTW - I did my first Socratic Seminar in my freshman Pathway to AVID class. Was it perfect? No.  Did I follow all of the rules? No. Did 5-7 minutes go by in which the students were responsible for responding to one another's inquiry and statements using civil conversational tones occur? Yes. I now realize all of my angst about doing a Socratic Seminar was me putting my own self in a headlock.  Now I need to ground the practice, follow more of the Socratic Seminar protocol so that it is not just a controversial question they are answering but substantiating their argument with evidence from two articles.

No comments:

Apture Multimedia