Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Julian Peiris, McKee Alumnus now at FIT

See who stopped by today, March 30, 2016,
Check out Julian Pieris' post secondary story:

McKee 2015
FIT, AS OF 2019

The main habit that helped me graduate from McKee was being involved in football.  All team members had to maintain a good average in order to keep playing for McKee/Staten Island Tech (MSIT) football.
I always had in mind that the end goal for my education was to attend college.  Having that end goal helped me get through my senior year.
The Graphics Program at McKee pushed me to apply for Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT).  I looked into the school and found out that the first 2 years at FIT is the associates degree, the 2nd two years is the bachelors degree. I liked that the school sends internship opportunities to students at all times.  I always had an interest for art and clothing. Due to my prior knowledge from in Graphics, my classes at FIT, like in Adobe, are easy.  I know more about the principles of designing which helps me immeasurably. 

Getting into college is one thing. Getting past the first semester was a challenge. All my classes are 3 hours in length. After finishing with finals week, I realized I conquered whatever fears I had about not being able to handle all the work, and now know that I will be able to get my associates and bachelor’s degree from FIT.   

No comments:

Apture Multimedia